Saturday, September 12, 2009

Journey: Week 2 + update!

WEEK 2:
So, I have to admit, I didn't go to my WW meeting on Thursday...I slept in instead! I had every intention of going but Addi has decided to have long periods of awake time at around 3 in the morning :( So I guess my goals will be the same as last week since I didn't do so well of completing them then! Hopefully next Thursday the scale will be my friend! HAHA!

RANDOM UPDATES:
On Thursday my grandparents came into town! We had a lot of fun bumming around with them. Addison really enjoyed meeting her "Great" Grandmom and Granddad! I took lots of pictures and will upload them soon along with a post about their visit!

Amanda is coming to visit tomorrow and is staying for the week! I am really excited for her to meet Addison and spend time with her! We have lots of fun adventures planned so hopefully time doesn't fly by too quickly!

I am returning to work on Monday the 21st :( I am really bummed. My maternity leave has come and gone so quickly. I wish that I had another week or two now that we are finally beginning to settle in and get into a routine. I decided on Thursday to for go breastfeeding. I have really tried to make it work, but it was obvious that it wasn't going to work out since the supplement formula feedings were becoming more and more frequent. I am still trying to do one feeding at night right before she goes to bed just so that we don't have to completely quit, but I really don't think that it will last. She prefers the bottle and doesn't ever seem to get full with out it...we'll see! If it works GREAT, but if not, we'll move on! I have to say thank you to everyone who gave me so much support! Breast feeding was one of the most difficult and painful things I have ever done in my life. I really wish that I was able to make it work, but I feel so much relief being able to feed her a bottle knowing she is content and getting all the nutrients she needs! If we decide to have another child down the road, I think I'll try breast feeding again, but until then, I'm relieved to have that past us! Thanks again for all of your support---it meant SO much to me and really helped me hold out this long!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jess, I am so excited to have you back at work, but I totally understand the sadness of maternity leave ending. Be thankful that she will be just down the hall and you will see her on and off all day. I wish I could have had that when Codi was tiny.

    I am glad you have reached a comfortable point to make your breast feeding decision. In the end, it's all about fulfilling your baby's needs. I think you made the right choice for you and Addi. Not every woman and child are created the same and we are blessed to live in a time where there are options to help us nourish our children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica!
    I am so glad you have come to a decision about the feeding situation. You will feel so much better not having the constant struggle!
    It sounds like you had a week like me as far as weight loss goals. :o)
    Cant wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete