Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
- We've moved from Moscow, the town we loved, to Twin Falls, a town that I'm not sure of but Eli promises me I'll soon learn to love it!
- Eli started his new job and LOVES it and is doing really well!!!
- I have accepted a 1st grade position and am SO excited to be in the public schools! (I met with several teachers from the district last Friday for coffee and couldn't be more thrilled to work with a great bunch of educators!)
- We live in an adorable little house with a fully fenced back yard! It's so nice not living in an apartment! I'll try to get some pictures taken today after Addi goes to sleep!
- I went to Florida on a once in a life time trip and it was AMAZING though I missed my baby dearly!
- Addison just turned ONE on Sunday!!! Where did the time go? (Pictures and details to follow soon!)
- And, we're selling Eli's prized possession...his truck! Wanna buy it?!
Overall, we are so very excited about this new chapter in our life. We miss our friends in Moscow/Pullman a lot but we plan to go back and visit soon to get Addison's 1 year photos taken and then for my friend's baby shower! And although Twin is COMPLETELY different from Moscow in nearly every facet, it's closer to our family and to us, there's nothing more important! While the road was extremely rocky and difficult to navigate at times over the past several months, God has truly blessed us, and we are ever so thankful with where He has lead us!
Mowing the lawn with Daddy!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
When I came to Moscow about 7 years ago I thought I was here only to receive my degree, I didn't envision sticking around, but Eli and I have fallen in love with Moscow. When we began working in our current jobs we always talked about how lucky we were to have such compassionate and understanding bosses; how many of our co-workers have truly become our dear friends; how we actually enjoy going to work. We had never experienced these feelings in previous jobs so when we both gave our notice last Monday, there were many tears shed. It's hard to say goodbye to something you love and appreciate but we just can't financially afford to stay.
As I'm trying to digest all of this ever-quick change, I'm torn to know that Eli and I will live apart for a little while. Eli is leaving in two weeks and Addison and I won't follow until later in the summer (I'm still trying to determine a final date...). In the 8 years that we've been together we have walked the difficult path of a long distance relationship for a total of two years. I thought when we got married we were done but no. I have no doubt that this will be the most difficult time a part yet!
All in all, we are excited, but we are also very sad to say goodbye to our current jobs and our friends. We know this is what's best for our family but it's still very difficult. Thank you to all of you who have given us so much support. I can't imagine where our life would be if we didn't have all of the love and support of our families and our dear friends. We love you all and we know no matter where we are in this world, you all will continue to be in our hearts!!!
So now it's time for me to find a job. I'm about ready to submit several different applications to school districts down there. Because of this, I need to make our blog private. Although I don't have anything on our blog that I'm ashamed of, I think it would be in my best interest to make it private. I know there are probably some people who "blog stalk" our blog which is totally fine (I do it too!!!) just leave me your email address in the comments section or email it to me at email@example.com so that I can grant you access to continue reading!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
But before I go, here's one thing that I've wanted to share: all of Addi's 6 mos. professional pictures! I know I'm a little bias but isn't she SO cute?!!! We are so blessed!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Anyway, her new thing is to eat at all of those times, but then only sleep for 20-50 minutes off and on between each feeding. This afternoon and evening she has only slept on and off for an hour...not nearly enough. I think she is getting to the age where she may be ready to put all those little naps together into one long morning nap and one long afternoon nap. I also wonder if she needs to eat more at each feeding, maybe somewhere between 5 and 6 oz.
So I need your honest input and help...
1. What have you found that has worked for your baby(ies) as far as sleeping patterns?
2. I want to stick to our feeding schedule, but how can I culminate all her little naps into one larger nap?
3. Is this normal for a child to completely change her sleep schedule all of a sudden?
4. Baby Wise suggests teaching an infant to fall asleep on their own starting at 2 weeks of age, but I strongly disagree with this. I don't think a newborn should be left to cry. But Addison is now 3.5 months old, in your opinion, is this too early to have her cry herself to sleep until she figures out how to go to sleep calmly?
She just finished going through a growth spurt so I don't think she's going through one now... She does have a cold, and maybe that's what's contributing to all of this???
Anyway, I thank you in advance for taking your time to help me. This whole mom thing is just a huge guessing game! Does it ever get easier?
To family members that don't have a google account, you can always leave feedback as "anonymous" and then in your comment leave your name so I know who wrote it! I would really like your input!!!