Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big Changes & Going Private

So after months of negotiating, decision making, and pure uncertainty Eli has excitedly accepted a terrific job offer in Twin Falls meaning that we are going to be moving! We both have been feeling a lot mixed emotions-excitement, fear, sadness, and relief.

When I came to Moscow about 7 years ago I thought I was here only to receive my degree, I didn't envision sticking around, but Eli and I have fallen in love with Moscow. When we began working in our current jobs we always talked about how lucky we were to have such compassionate and understanding bosses; how many of our co-workers have truly become our dear friends; how we actually enjoy going to work. We had never experienced these feelings in previous jobs so when we both gave our notice last Monday, there were many tears shed. It's hard to say goodbye to something you love and appreciate but we just can't financially afford to stay.

As I'm trying to digest all of this ever-quick change, I'm torn to know that Eli and I will live apart for a little while. Eli is leaving in two weeks and Addison and I won't follow until later in the summer (I'm still trying to determine a final date...). In the 8 years that we've been together we have walked the difficult path of a long distance relationship for a total of two years. I thought when we got married we were done but no. I have no doubt that this will be the most difficult time a part yet!

All in all, we are excited, but we are also very sad to say goodbye to our current jobs and our friends. We know this is what's best for our family but it's still very difficult. Thank you to all of you who have given us so much support. I can't imagine where our life would be if we didn't have all of the love and support of our families and our dear friends. We love you all and we know no matter where we are in this world, you all will continue to be in our hearts!!!

***********************************************************************************
So now it's time for me to find a job. I'm about ready to submit several different applications to school districts down there. Because of this, I need to make our blog private. Although I don't have anything on our blog that I'm ashamed of, I think it would be in my best interest to make it private. I know there are probably some people who "blog stalk" our blog which is totally fine (I do it too!!!) just leave me your email address in the comments section or email it to me at henr6661@vandals.uidaho.edu so that I can grant you access to continue reading!

9 comments:

  1. I hate change, So I feel your pain. This will be a good thing though in the long run the hardest things somehow end up being the best. Send me a access email, sam_cbr95@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't even know you have a blog and would love to keep reading...jillsulgrove@gmail.com.

    You and Eli are amazing people. Although a little sadness and some tough times are still ahead, you will both survive and be stronger for it in the end. Just think, you will have fantastic stories to tell your children about how hard you worked, how dedicated you and Eli are to each other and how much you've sacrificed to give your family the best life that you can. Kids need those stories. You and Eli will be fine and Moscow will happily remain in your memories for the rest of your lives. Big things happened there and you won't forget them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess,

    I'm so excited that you will be moving closer to me and I'm so excited for Eli and you! I'm sure that everything will work out perfectly. If you need anything just let me know! But you have to add me cause I love reading your blog...my email is aub.wood@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey add me... sportycowgurl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wait...I forgot which email account I used...sorry. It's lovebug_qt@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...don't leave me behind! mrsweedon @ gmail dot com :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I wanna keep up! my3kidscandi@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to keep reading... kimpwelch@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please add me to your invites! 22luvroses22@gmail.com Thanks Jess...also I went private recently and I will add you to my list too! Good luck with the seperation!

    ReplyDelete