Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Put into perspective...


This little bugger is total and complete hyperactive, over zelous, stubborn, yet intelligent dog you will ever meet. He's pushed me to my LIMITS...especially after Addison was born. In fact, I was ready to find him a new home b/c he was too much to handle with a new little baby. But despite all of this, he is our 1st baby and we LOVE him and always, always will! Everyone who knows us knows, Oskar is a pill but so, so, loving! In fact, Addison's favorite word is "Oskar;" anytime we hear a dog bark she says, "Ahhhhh-ker!" Even Max is Oskar! So this morning when we dropped him off at the vet fearing the worst, I sat with my head in my hands, tears pouring from my eyes.

Oskar slipped a disc in his lower back sometime Tuesday morning-not sure how or exactly when, but the entire day he moped and hid from everyone but me. We decided we better take him in and when the nurse mentioned it was probably his back, I feared the worst. I figured if he'd slipped a disc, he would have to be put down. Fortunatly, his injuries aren't too bad and he'll hopefully make a speedy recovery with a few pain killers and anti-inflammatories.

We're just waiting for the final call from the doc giving his okay to release Oskar to us after a long day without him. I'll tell you, things have been way too quiet and in order around here. I'm ready for my hyperactive puppy to come home. Even Max is depressed wondering where his brother is!
Unfortunatly, it takes times like this to make me realize how precious our little guy is. He's all those stubborn, obnoxious things, but he's also one of the most loyal, loving dogs that anyone could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment