Monday, June 29, 2009

The Role of Aunt and Uncle!

Just a couple of years ago Eli and I would talk about how exciting it would be to be an "aunt" and "uncle," after all, we both had great role models in this department! We would speculate back and forth about whether his side of the family or my side of the family would initiate this role for us! Then in October of 2007 I received the call from my sister Megan telling me that she was pregnant! I squealed, cried and did all the other things sisters do when they find out their sister is pregnant! Evelyn Grace Link was born May 31, 2008.

Then in August of 2008 while enjoying dinner with the Cann family at Mis Amores in Preston, Brittany and Joe gave Eli and me a birthday present. We opened it up to find a whole bunch of baby items! They quickly said, "Oops, I guess that one was meant for us!" Haha! Ellery Cann was born February 18, 2009.

When we found out we were pregnant, we were so excited to know that our little one would have cousins close in age to play and learn with! Things seemed perfect, but definitely not complete!

Earlier this month we went to Seattle to celebrate Evelyn's 1st birthday and Megan's, graduation from medical school! We arrived Friday night at Megan and Devin's house and enjoyed the birthday party with the rest of our family, Devin's parents, and some of the Link friends. After the party, the guests began to dwindle, but not the Henrichs clan, no we were catching up on everything, just as we always do when we get together! As the discussion led to a possible vacation in Hawaii in December, Amanda said, "OR you could all come visit us because we're having a baby in December!" There were many a squeals, tears, and hugs! What a blessing! Amanda and Randy are expecting their first and what a lucky little baby this is! He/She (I think she!) will be one of the most wanted and loved babies in the world!

CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA AND RANDY!!!
Eli and I can't wait to meet Baby Werth and take on the role of "Aunt" and "Uncle" once more!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! congratulations to them. that's is the best news ever! I agree with you that this baby will be well loved and adored. :) :)

    ReplyDelete