Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like...

WINTER!!! Maybe I shouldn't write that with three exclamation points since I despise winter! I don't mind snow on Christmas, but then it can just go away! Oh, and it most certainly should not arrive before December 25th! However, this is what it looked like today outside:
And look at this big girl holding her own bottle--glass bottle I might add! Such a big girl growing like a weed!
At her doctor's appointment on the 17th she weighed 13 lbs 12 oz (50th percentile), 23 1/4 inches long (40th percentile) and F.O.C. 40 (30th percentile). So she's growing well! In fact, just this weekend she began to reach out to touch and grab things. She's been attempting to do this for a week or so now, but she's definitely mastering it with more and accuracy (plus some adorable awkwardness)!
She's saying, "Mom, I'm soaked from all this spit-up. Quit takin' pictures and change my clothes...for the 3rd time today!" I asked the doctor about this for the 100th time and he continues to tell me there's nothing to worry about...we're just over feeding her. So, we've cut her bottles back to 4 0z, but try to explain to an infant why she can't have more when she's used to eating more! Oh yeah, you can't! Anyway, this has helped some, but she's still spitting up a lot. In fact, just last night, Eli caught one spit-up with the bib and I dumped it back into the empty bottle to find that she had spit almost 1 oz up. (Gross I know, but I wanted a number for the volume coming back up! Rest assured, I thoroughly washed her bottle before her next feeding!) Anyway, that's 25% of what she's taking in...not to mention all the subsequent smaller spits...ugh! I guess she's gaining weight fine so we'll just ride this boat and hope that we hit smooth waters soon!

Oh, and might I mention...WE'RE GOING TO VISIT THE *PARENTALS* or should I say *GRAND PARENTALS* IN JUST A FEW DAYS!!! I can't wait! I need a break from work and Moscow life!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica!!
    She is ADORABLE!
    I hope to meet her soon.
    I can't get over how cute she is!
    Ok. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete