Monday, November 16, 2009

This and That

Here's Addison playing at school in the bouncer!

And here we are with my sister at her baby shower! Not the best pic of Addison, but it's still a fun one!



Thank you to all the phone calls, facebook and blogger comments about my previous post. I am taking it all into consideration, but I am laying low with the entire "sleep" thing until Addison is feeling better! Apparently between my scorching high fever last weekend and Eli's bronchitis, Addison has taken her fair share of sick buggies :(


So, Eli and I have decided that starting the first of January, you know after the huge gift buying season is over, that we're going to focus on getting out of debt. I've been reading Dave Ramsey's book The Total Money Makeover and I am getting completely motivated. It's not to say that we're in too much debt, but unfortunately we do have student loans, car and truck payments, and just recently some credit card debt.... I have always vowed to never carry any balance on a credit card, but we caved. Needless to say, it's getting cut up! Anyway, this book gives me hope that if we get out of this sooner than later, we will be able to save a substantial amount of money for retirement, vacations, Addison's college, etc. If anybody has any debt, even if it's just a mortgage, I strongly encourage you to read this book! I'm reading it now, then Eli will. We're giving ourselves until January just so we can get through the gift giving season, and then, we're buckling down! If anyone has read this book or had success with his ideas, I would love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. This is the BEST gift you can give yourself! Brett and I started Dave's program over four years ago. We have been debt free (besides the house) since last April. We paid off around $30,000 in 2.5 years. "Live like no one else so you can live like no one else." Jess, you can start doing little things now to get yourself going. Start paying with cash. It's a step in the right direction. Then get that $1,000 emergency fund. Tell me if you ever want to talk about this. I am very passionate about it because it works!!!

    ReplyDelete