Monday, January 5, 2009

WHEN WILL IT EVER STOP????

So I woke up this morning to more SNOW. This year was supposed to be an "average" year for snowfall with around 55 inches of snow accumulation over the course of the snow season. Thus far, we have had received 77 inches!!! Now, if I were teaching in a public school where they actually cancel school when the snow is crazy, I might be enjoying this massive snow fall....but no, where I work, we rarely close. Rain or shine we're there.

Anyway, I woke up this morning to almost 1.5 feet of snow in our parking lot. Explain to me how a car is supposed to maneuver in that? I called into see if school was cancelled...nope, just a 2-hour delay. Throughout the two hour delay it snowed about 6 more inches. Still, school wasn't cancelled. The entire Palouse was shut down due to the inclement weather and roads, but of course, we were still opened. After deciding that I was not going to make my way to Pullman in my car, I had Eli give me a ride in his truck. Can you guess how many students out of 18 I had in my classroom when I arrived? TWO! Two students???? Needless to say, I was very irate I had to go into work. Eventually four more students showed up, but seriously, it was ridiculous!

So what's forecasted for tomorrow? 1.5 to 2 inches of rain. Rain + a bunch of melting snow = messy driving conditions and FLOODING. Go figure. At least we live in an upper apartment so hopefully we won't have to deal with the flooding.

Sorry for the rant; I feel much better now. I hope you are all surviving this crazy winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment