Thursday, May 28, 2009

Glucose Test

Well, in approximately one hour I will have my blood drawn to determine whether I have gestational diabetes or not. This is the one test that I have been worried about since I got pregnant. More than anything I want it to come back negative. I'll keep you all updated, but please say your prayers for me....

(I just took my last sip of the orange sugary drink...now it's just a waiting game...)

****UPDATE!!! So, I got my results back AND....they're normal!!! YAY! I was really worried that I would have this really large child due to gestational diabetes...and well, let's face it, no woman wants a large child emerging from such a small space! (Just so you know what I'm working with, Eli weighed 10 lbs. 1 oz. at birth! See why I was worried?!!!)

1 comment:

  1. ick, ick, ick!! I hated the drink... and I passed my test by ONE POINT. I got the results on a Friday and spent the whole weekend terrified they were going to make me take the three-hour test.

    I'm sure you'll do better than I did though :o)

    ...oh! and come on over to my blog and enter the giveaway I'm hosting. I'm choosing a winner Saturday, so come soon!

    ReplyDelete