Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our most recent happenings!

I've been meaning to post an update for over a week now, but time seems to be flying away from me! I can't believe that I only have a few more months until Baby Cann's arrival! While I'm so eager to hold her in my arm, we are no where near ready for her! Things are slowly coming together in her nursery. We've got her crib, changing table, and glider, but we still need a shelving unit. Last weekend my sisters threw me a beautiful baby shower! Baby Cann and I were SO spoiled! She got lots of clothes, diapers, homemade blankies (so special!!!), toys, her baby bedding (yes, the one that I posted about earlier!!! I am SO EXCITED!), bath time goodies, and nursery decorations! I had so much fun catching up with family and friends! I'm really glad that Eli and I live away from our families, but I sure do miss being together especially at this time in our lives! We have had so much support from EVERYONE and for that, we THANK YOU!

In a few weeks we will travel to Seattle to celebrate my sister's graduation from med. school! We will also be celebrating my niece's 1st birthday! How as a year already passed?!!! These are two very special events that everyone is eager to celebrate!

Also, all of my kindergartners will "graduate" on June 2nd! The last day of school isn't until June 10th but we're celebrating a little early for various reasons! I'm so excited for them all to be able to move on to first grade, but I am SO sad to see them go! I have truly had an EXCEPTIONAL class! I'm so scared for next year because the chances of getting another class this great 2 years in a row is very rare! I am so thankful for my job, the children I work with, and my co-workers! This has been a wonderful year!

As you can see, we are busy, but it's all for very EXCITING reasons! Thanks again to everyone for everything! We are truly blessed!

(Oh, and the weather has been BEAUTIFUL! I might die this summer from the heat, but at least the sun is shining and every one's mood seems to be a little sunnier as well! I hope you are all enjoying the early days of summer!)

1 comment: