Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Baby Update and Date Night!

We went to the doctor for yet another appointment and heard the baby's heartbeat! We were also very relieved to find out that the quad screen came back negative for all three birth defects! YAY! I'm so glad we did the test because now my mind is completely at ease! We're now anxiously waiting to see if we will be buying the color blue or pink! We will find out on April 9th! (We could have found out on your birthday Staci, but I couldn't make the appt. so we had to settle for a couple days later!!!) I am also eager to feel this little peanut inside of me move, but I don't anticipate much movement prior to our ultrasound!

Other Happenings:

On Sunday Eli and I ended up going on a date. It wasn't planned at all, it just kind of evolved. I needed to run over to Pullman to grab my lesson plans so I could work on them. On our way back Eli decided to drive through WSU campus and we found our way to the bears that are kept on-site there. They were out of hibernation and in full fledged "show-off" mode! It was so cute! I really wish I would have had my camera with me; they were almost as cute as the chimpanzees at the San Diego Zoo! Next time we go, I will definitely take my camera!

On our way back, we decided to use our gift card to Sangria, a yummy local restaurant! Because I was in sweats and my hair was pulled back in a pony tail, I wanted to go home first to get ready. Once we got cleaned up, we headed to the restaurant where we ate one of the BEST MEALS IN THE WORLD!!! (If only I could have had a delicious Sangria or glass of Merlot....mmmm...I did however enjoy my non-alcoholic Strawberry Lemonade!!!)

It was so nice to go do something unplanned especially since it ended up being REALLY cheap since we only had to pay for our tip! Those little spontaneous adventures really break up the monotony of our day to day lives!

***I'm also going to try to figure out how to make it so others can comment on our blog without having to use a google account. I know there is a way, I'm just not sure how! (If any of you bloggy know-it-alls have the answer, I would love to hear!!!)
UPDATE!!! I figured it out! Now anyone can leave a comment...so comment away family!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that all the baby results came back looking good!!! Congrats. April 9th is just a few weeks away....YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....I just want to cry every time you talk about your future baby! It's so crazy knowing someone personally who is going through what I want to go through! you are SO lucky! I hope you enjoy every minute of the most amazing blessing in the world!

    On that note - MAN I miss Moscow! And the Bears in Pullman! And SANGRIA! Bubba and I always wish we could go there...it's delish.

    Are you going to IRD?? I really want to go, but it's only a week after I get back from Kansas (which is a 14 hour drive!) So I don't know if I will feel up to it. But if you go...MAYBE I'll give it some more thought.

    ReplyDelete