Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Bachelor

Yes I am posting about a tv show, but I am absolutely shocked by everything that happened last night on the Bachelor. To be honest, I didn't really care if Jason picked Melissa or Molly; I thought they were both beautiful, sweet girls.

(Melissa and Molly)
In the end, he picked Melissa and proposed to her.

Then after six weeks in real world time but only 5 minutes tv time, he broke up with her in front of EVERYONE. Not only did he tell her that it wasn't going to work, but then he threw the dagger in by saying that he was going to try his relationship with Molly. Without much hesitation, Molly accepted and Melissa left the show in tears.


To be honest, I feel bad for everyone involved including Jason. He is a genuinely good guy who had a change of heart. No, I don't think his tact of breaking up publicly was right. I also don't think he should have immediately asked Molly for another shot. I worry that we will have regrets again. But in Jason's defense, what happened to his change of heart happens to millions of others during a relationship. I give him kudos for getting out despite all of the publicity.

MY ultimate thought on all of this is that the Bachelors and Bachelorettes shouldn't get engaged at the end of the show. Instead, they should choose someone that they want to date exclusively outside of the entertainment world.

I know many people are angry and think Jason is a pig for the way he treated Melissa and very few support his decision. What are your thoughts on all of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment